Monday, June 14, 2010

Transformation

In my younger years, meaning all the years before having children, I would seek intrigue and adventure on my world travels - new experiences, something fresh and different. Each new culture brought new adventure, excitement and new learning. Now I am rooted, raising a family. Far off lands are but a distant memory. Where shall I direct my quest? Each child presents a new adventure and often a new challenge every day. They are each universes in themselves. I explore their dreams, ideas, and observations. Amazingly, I always encounter something fresh and different. If I slow down long enough to really listen, my perspective is usually altered, ever so slightly. I also see new adventures in the changing seasons. New life arrives each year, the experience is fresh each time. The first frozen crystals falling from the sky in Winter; the first buds of Spring; the full blossoms of summer; the magnificent color of Fall’s leaves. Each one fills me with anticipation. I look back to the living beings in my own home. Each one becoming, transforming, growing into the people God made them to be. Each one’s heart and mind holds treasures to be sought and unlocked. Each one holds surprises yet discovered. Each day is a new exploration. I do not need to board a plane to experience things anew. I must just open my heart and eyes to the adventures surrounding me right here at home. As a bonus, we do sometimes get to board the plane together and explore new lands.

1 comment:

  1. I love watching my children grow and transforming into such unique individuals. I know God has planned amazing things for them.
    I love the title of your blog, Angela!!

    ReplyDelete